Social Skills Group and Secret Agent Society Program - Expressions of Interest
Social Skills Groups - commencing Term 1, 2017
- Provides opportunities for children to practise communication skills
- Meets weekly in a familiar atmosphere
- Takes place within a consistent small group setting
- Participate in fun activities
- Opportunities to meet new people and make friends
- Work at own pace on specific social skills goals
These social skills groups would be suitable for children who would like to learn more about:
- rules of conversation and storytelling,
- using verbal and non-verbal signals to initiate interaction,
- understanding what is not explicitly stated and learn more about ambiguous meanings of language
- can commit to participate for 9 weeks
- practise talking to people and sharing news with friends
- have been given an ASD diagnosis
The Social Skills Group is run by a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist in Gisborne, Victoria
Parents and Siblings are welcome to stay to share a cuppa with other families
Term Fee: $150
- a 5-7 years mixed group weekly
- a girls 6-8 group fortnightly
- a girls 9-12 group fortnightly
Secret Agent Society - commencing Term 2, 2017
Secret Agent Society (SAS) is a fun, espionage-themed group program which helps children learn how to feel happier, calmer and braver. It also teaches them how to make friends and keep them.
The Secret Agent Society (SAS) Program improves the social skills and emotional understanding of 8 to 12 year olds with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs), including Asperger Syndrome.
This flexible program helps professionals improve children's emotional understanding and social skills by teaching them:
- How to recognise simple and complex emotions in themselves and others.
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways.
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety.
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes.
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
- How to make friends.
For more information about the program visit website www.sst-institute.net
Expressions of Interest for these programs
If your child would be interested in participating in any of these programs please email an expression of interest to email@example.com with the following details :
- Age of child and date of birth
- Preferred day of week (Mon to Fri)
- Preferred sessions time (during or after school hours)
- Contact details.
If you wish to discuss any of these programs please speak with Laura Hansen or Dietlind Schutte on 5428 0300.